Our Pricacy Policy.
Hello and welcome to the University of Bonn Leak Checker. Protecting everyone's privacy is a big concern for us, which is why we run this project.
How can you reach us?
You can reach the IT Security Group of the University of Bonn at the following address:
University of Bonn
Prof. Dr. Michael Meier
Endenicher Allee 19a
(Inquiries will be answered by the Identeco support team).
Phone: +49 (0) 228 / 73 54210
The contact details for the data protection officer of the University of Bonn can be found at www.datenschutz.uni-bonn.de.
What data is stored when you visit the University of Bonn Leakchecker website?
Every time you access content on the website, your web browser transmits technically necessary data to our service. This data is stored to prevent misuse of our system or is technically necessary for the operation of the systems. The following data is collected:
- Date and time of the retrieval
- IP address and host name of the Internet connection or computer used
- Visited page on our website
- Amount of data transferred
- Message as to whether the retrieval was successful
- Information about the browser type and version used
- Operating system
Legal basis for this storage of data is Art. 6 para. 1 letter f GDPR. In order to be able to solve possible technical problems, this data is stored for 72 hours. After that, the data will be deleted.
What data is stored when I enter my email address into the Leak Checker and click on "test"?
If you want to test your email address with the University of Bonn Leak Checker, data will be processed and stored to answer your request. The processing and storage of the data is done in two steps:
- Before we can process your request, we have to make sure that your request is legitimate. For this purpose, we use your e-mail address and your IP address. Both data are disguised with a procedure so that they are no longer readable (hash procedure). This obfuscated data is then stored separately in a database. We store the obfuscated IP address so that we can check whether too many requests have been made to our service from your IP address in the event of further requests. This is necessary to prevent misuse of the service. We store the email address in obfuscated form so that we can effectively prevent someone else from constantly entering your email address with us and you being harassed by our results emails. The obfuscated email address is stored for 7 days. The obfuscated IP address is stored for 24 hours.
- Once our abuse protection has been passed, your plaintext email address will be used to search our obfuscated database. In order for you to receive the result of our analysis, we must send you an e-mail. Your plaintext e-mail address is then stored in volatile memory until the e-mail could be sent successfully. After that, your plain text email address is no longer stored. If an e-mail cannot be delivered, your e-mail address will be automatically deleted after one week at the latest.
The legal basis for the aforementioned processing is Art. 6 para. 1 letter a GDPR.
What rights do you have?
You have the right to:
- Revoke your consent or object to the processing of your data
- get information about your data stored by us
- Correction of incorrect data about you
- Deletion of data that is no longer required
- Restriction of the processing of your data
- Complaint to the supervisory authority
Depending on your request, we may need additional information from you to establish your identity. In this way, we can ensure that information is not released to unauthorized persons when exercising the right to information.
What data is processed when you send an email to email@example.com?
The processing of inquiries is handled within the scope of the offer of Identeco GmbH & Co. KG will take over. In doing so, your e-mail will be forwarded to the ticket system of Identeco GmbH & Co. KG and stored and processed there. No further information, such as stored identity data, will be transmitted by us to Identeco GmbH & Co. KG.